Last updated on November 21, 2019
The state of Georgia has not voted for a Democrat for President since 1992. But Hillary Clinton came within about 5% of winning the Peach State in 2016 or within 212,000 votes.
A Survey USA poll released today shows several Democrats beating Donald Trump in Georgia as the candidates gather in Atlanta tonight to debate each other. The poll was taken November 15-18.
* Joe Biden edges Trump, 47% to 43%.
* Bernie Sanders edges Trump, 47% to 44%, on the edge of the survey’s error margin.
* Elizabeth Warren edges Trump by a statistically insignificant 1 percentage point, 46% to 45%.
* Trump edges Pete Buttigieg, 45% to 41%.
* Trump edges Kamala Harris, 46% to 43%, on the edge of the survey’s error margin.
* Trump edges Michael Bloomberg by a statistically insignificant 2 percentage points, 44% to 42%.
Climate Nexus has also released a poll taken November 4-10 showing Georgia is a competitive state between Trump and Democratic candidates.
Joe Biden leads Trump 48% to 47%, in the poll. Elizabeth Warren is tied with Trump at 47%. Trump leads Bernie Sanders 48% to 46%. Likewise Trump leads Pete Buttigieg 49% to 42% and leads Kamala Harris 49% to 42%.
Adding to the interest, Georgia will have two crucial seats in the 2020 election. Cook Political Ratings says both are “likely Republican”.
The Politicus is a collaborative political community that facilitates content creation directly on the site. Our goal is to make the political conversation accessible to everyone.Any donations we receive will go into writer outreach. That could be advertising on Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit or person-to-person outreach on College campuses. Please help if you can: