Last updated on October 16, 2020
In a flailing attempt (what does he ever do that isn’t flailing?) to somehow pretend the current 25th Amendment buzz isn’t all about him, Donald Trump appeared to step in a big pile of “shit, this isn’t going well, is it?” this morning.
FiveThirtyEight currently gives Joe Biden an 85 percent chance of winning the election — and it’s likely that low only because we’re still a few weeks away from Election Day. So as FiveThirtyEight’s head prognostication maven, Nate Silver, has pointed out, Trump’s 15 percent chance of winning is about equal to that of killing yourself — and in this case, the country — in a game of Russian roulette.
So let’s spin that chamber and hope for the best.
And while Trump would love to see the combust after the click, this tweet appears to be some sort of admission that things aren’t going his way. At all.
Just ask Ted Lieu; he’ll tell you the same thing.
And, yes, we unscrubbed plebes had some fun, too:
— BrooklynDad_Defiant! (@mmpadellan) October 9, 2020
— The Hoarse Whisperer (@TheRealHoarse) October 9, 2020
— Auntie Nan 🇺🇸 🌊🐶🆘 (@SoltisNancy) October 9, 2020
— Billy D Why is it OK for tRump to kill milllions? (@EugJHawk) October 9, 2020
— Aldous J Pennyfarthing (@AJPennyfarthing) October 9, 2020
Whether or not the 25th Amendment is invoked — and if it hasn’t been yet, I can’t imagine what would bring that about, other than swarms of locusts literally flying out of Trump’s head — DJT is likely not long for the White House.
But Trump still has a chance. Let’s narrow it.
Donate to Joe, if you can.
“This guy is a natural. Sometimes I laugh so hard I cry.” — Bette Midler on Aldous J. Pennyfarthing, via Twitter. Find out what made dear Bette break up. Dear Fcking Lunatic: 101 Obscenely Rude Letters to Donald Trump and its boffo sequels Dear Prsident A**clown: 101 More Rude Letters to Donald Trump and Dear F*cking Moron: 101 More Letters to Donald Trump by Aldous J. Pennyfarthing are now available for a song! Click those links, yo!
The Politicus is a collaborative political community that facilitates content creation directly on the site. Our goal is to make the political conversation accessible to everyone.Any donations we receive will go into writer outreach. That could be advertising on Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit or person-to-person outreach on College campuses. Please help if you can: