As part of the ongoing project to catalog every awful thing the Trump Administration has done as a reference for future political arguments and whatever few posterity survives to see 2020, here’s everything awful the Trump Administration has done this week.
- Sens. Grassley and Johnson start investigating Hunter Biden and Alexandra Chalupa; Treasury Dept. hand over private info on Hunter Biden
- A.G. Barr seized control of any prospective investigations into presidential candidates
- Donald opened up potential drilling and logging on federal lands in Utah, in retribution for Romney’s vote to convict on impeachment
1799. Dynamited part of a mountain that’s a national monument to build more border wall
- Still delayed $30M worth of arms to Ukraine
1802. Considered cutting off humanitarian aid to Yemen
1803. Began reducing the size of National monuments
1804. Attempted to restrict the style of Federal buildings
1805. Sued over its global entry ban in #1794
1806. Pushed over $1tn in cuts to Medicaid and other social programs
1807. Moved to deport thousands of Hmong residents
1808. Attempted to lighten prison convictions for Roger Stone
- Was ordered to reopen an Immigration Detention Hotline it had shut down
1810. Siphoned $3.8bn in funding for his border wall
This week saw fallout from the impeachment trial as Trump took retribution against officials who had testified against him. On top of this, Trump began to push for over $1 trillion in cuts to Medicaid and other social programs, as well as aid to Yemen.
As always, I don’t expect to catch everything, so let me know if there’s anything you think I’ve missed. The full omnibus is being maintained here (a spreadsheet version can be found here). For an overall summary, click here.