Donald Trump’s approval rate is quite dismal in many of the key states that will decide the 2020 election, according to Morning Consult.
This is one of a series of polls that show Trump in trouble despite an economy that has been doing well until now.
- New Hampshire: 39% to 58%
- Wisconsin: 42% to 55%
- Michigan: 42% to 54%
- Iowa: 42% to 54%
- Arizona: 45% to 51%
- Pennsylvania 45% to 52%
- Ohio: 46% to 50%
- North Carolina: 46% to 50%
- Florida: 48% to 48%
- Indiana: 49% to 46%
A Quinnipiac Poll of Texas shows Trump losing 48% to 44% to Joe Biden.
Other matchups Texas Quinnipiac Poll :
President Trump at 46 percent to Sen. Elizabeth Warren at 45 percent;
- Trump at 47 percent to Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders at 44 percent;
- Trump at 48 percent to former U.S. Rep. Beto O'Rourke with 45 percent;
- Trump with 46 percent to South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg's 44 percent;
- Trump at 47 percent to California Sen. Kamala Harris at 43 percent;
- Trump with 46 percent and former San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro at 43 percent.
Emerson released a North Carolina poll just yesterday that shows Joe Biden leading Trump by 56% to 44%. Though a margin of 12 points looks overly optimistic, it adds to the chorus of polls showing states where Trump may have trouble.
All the top Democratic candidates are leading Trump in Michigan according to the Glengariff Group poll. Biden and Sanders both lead 53% to 41% in a poll published yesterday by the Detroit News.