Let us count the ways in which this tweet — from Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Arizona) — is bullshit.
Oh, never mind. Journalist Judd Legum already did it for me:
1. This photo is fake (photoshopped)
2. The man on the left is Hassan Rouhani, who is still President of Iran
3. It's embarrassing that you are a United States Congressman https://t.co/ikREslNV3K
— Judd Legum (@JuddLegum) January 6, 2020
Okay, I can add a few things to Legum’s trenchant analysis.
1.This is a photoshopped image based on an actual picture Obama took with former Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
- When “that guy” was still in power, we weren’t on the brink of a pointless, ruinous war with Iran. In fact, we’d taken significant steps toward rapprochement.
- The Republican Party has apparently taken its cue from Trump and is now all-in on lies, conspiracy theories, and easily debunked memes. Their base is all-in, too, so no one punishes them.
- That said, we can punish them — thoroughly — in November, for this and hundreds of other lies and outrages.
Shouldn’t there be repercussions when a congressman, FFS, tweets out false propaganda from his official Twitter account? Then again, if Trump can do it, why not a mewling little baby Trump?
Yo! Pennyfarthing’s Trump-trashing series is now a trilogy! Grab your copy of Dear Pr*sident A**clown: 101 More Rude Letters to Donald Trump by Aldous J. Pennyfarthing. And, of course, Dear F*cking Lunatic: 101 Obscenely Rude Letters to Donald Trump and Dear F*cking Moron: 101 More Rude Letters to Donald Trump are still selling like lukewarm-cakes. Reviewers have called these books “hysterically funny,” “cathartic,” and “laugh-out-loud” soul-soothers.