Let us count the ways in which this tweet — from Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Arizona) — is bullshit.
Oh, never mind. Journalist Judd Legum already did it for me:
1. This photo is fake (photoshopped)
2. The man on the left is Hassan Rouhani, who is still President of Iran
3. It's embarrassing that you are a United States Congressman https://t.co/ikREslNV3K
— Judd Legum (@JuddLegum) January 6, 2020
Okay, I can add a few things to Legum’s trenchant analysis.
1.This is a photoshopped image based on an actual picture Obama took with former Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
- When “that guy” was still in power, we weren’t on the brink of a pointless, ruinous war with Iran. In fact, we’d taken significant steps toward rapprochement.
- The Republican Party has apparently taken its cue from Trump and is now all-in on lies, conspiracy theories, and easily debunked memes. Their base is all-in, too, so no one punishes them.
- That said, we can punish them — thoroughly — in November, for this and hundreds of other lies and outrages.
Shouldn’t there be repercussions when a congressman, FFS, tweets out false propaganda from his official Twitter account? Then again, if Trump can do it, why not a mewling little baby Trump?
Yo! Pennyfarthing’s Trump-trashing series is now a trilogy! Grab your copy of Dear Pr*sident A**clown: 101 More Rude Letters to Donald Trump by Aldous J. Pennyfarthing. And, of course, Dear F*cking Lunatic: 101 Obscenely Rude Letters to Donald Trump and Dear F*cking Moron: 101 More Rude Letters to Donald Trump are still selling like lukewarm-cakes. Reviewers have called these books “hysterically funny,” “cathartic,” and “laugh-out-loud” soul-soothers.
The Politicus is a collaborative political community that facilitates content creation directly on the site. Our goal is to make the political conversation accessible to everyone.Any donations we receive will go into writer outreach. That could be advertising on Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit or person-to-person outreach on College campuses. Please help if you can: