There are some states which are members of the UNO.
In my opinion, a state's aims are -
- to maintain sovereignty (i.e., the authority of the state, based on recognition by other states and by non-state actors, to govern matters within its borders that affect its people, economy, security, and form of government)
- to ensure the fundamental needs of its population
- to improve the quality of life of its population
- to exert influence on on a regional scale (i.e., to become a regional power)
- guarantee the quality of life of its population
- to exert influence on a global scale (i.e., to become a global power)
These are based on my common sense. However, I need some citations or references in favor of my opinion.
My question is,
- what is a state's aim, or goal, or objective?
Please, supply citations or references in favor of your answer.