What is the academic term for political activities on the small social group level?

The Politicus
Aug 01, 2022 02:28 PM 0 Answers
Member Since Sep 2018
Subscribed Subscribe Not subscribe

We have the phrases "office politics", "family politics", etc, describing relations of power, that is, political relations within small social groups.

Political relations on this level are no less important and no less complex than relations on the a national state or international relations level. I cannot find an academic term for that, though.

The expressions mentioned above are colloquial and cannot serve serious academic purposes. What is/are the proper academic terms for that kind of political relations?

(For a while I thought the proper term would be "micropolitics", but as I researched it, it seems to lack solid definition in academia. My other question on that topic: What is the generally accepted definition for "micropolitics"?).

0 Subscribers
Submit Answer
Please login to submit answer.
0 Answers
Sort By: