Is there a conspiracy theory that the Covid variants were manufactured in labs worldwide? [closed]
There's a substantial number of people who believe that COVID-19 was manufactured in a Chinese lab. Since then, we've had several more dangerous variants of COVID-19 that have been labelled as concerning by the WHO. These are:
- Alpha, first detected in the UK
- Beta, first detected in South Africa
- Gamma, first detected in Japan
- Delta, first detected in India, and the variant that is becoming the dominant strain worldwide
I have two questions about this:
- Is there a conspiracy theory that these COVID variants must have been manufactured in British, South African, Japanese, and Indian labs respectively?
- If there is no such conspiracy theory, why isn't there one? For example, presumably some people believe COVID must have been manufactured because they reject evolution; in this case how do they explain the existence of COVID variants?