If a King in a traditional European-style monarchy resigns in favor of their son (and is thus still part of the ruling family), what is their title?

Avatar of The Politicus
The Politicus
Jul 26, 2021 04:19 PM 0 Answers
Member Since Sep 2018
Subscribed Subscribe Not subscribe

The only instance I found in an admittedly quick internet search of a such an event was Edward VIII of England, but he was given the Dukedom of Windsor and became a Duke quickly after, and I couldn't find what his title in between was.

0 Subscribers
Submit Answer
Please login to submit answer.
0 Answers
Sort By:

  • July 26, 2021