Michael Cohen’s testimony today was by no means good for Donald Trump, even if Cohen claims he never went to Prague.
In fact, based on what Cohen told the committee, he’s committed at least five felonies, according to conservative columnist and frequent Trump critic Max Boot.
1. Conspiracy to defraud the United States, based on Trump’s speakerphone conversation with Roger Stone about WikiLeaks’ email dump.
2. Lying to the FBI and the DOJ, based on Trump’s written testimony to Robert Mueller claiming “that Roger Stone did not tell him about WikiLeaks, nor was he told about the 2016 Trump Tower meeting between his son, campaign officials and a Russian lawyer promising dirt on Hillary Clinton.”
3. Suborning perjury, based on Cohen’s assertion that Trump indirectly told him to lie to Congress about Trump Tower Moscow and the fact that Trump’s lawyers reviewed Cohen’s testimony.
4. Campaign finance law violations, based on Trump’s directing Cohen to pay off Stormy Daniels, as well as Trump’s reimbursement for the payoff.
5. Bank, wire and tax fraud, based on Trump’s practice of inflating and deflating his assets to secure bank loans and reduce his taxes.
To which I say … only five?
Trump is a career criminal, and so today’s testimony is really just confirmation of what we already knew or suspected. But if it’s revealing at all, it tells us just how much legal trouble Trump may be in.
But then as Republicans reminded us 80,000 times today, Michael Cohen is a crook and a liar, because Donald Trump hires only the best … crooks and liars. Or something like that.
But, somehow, Donald Trump isn’t a crook and a liar himself. He just keeps people like this on the payroll for 10 years.
What terrible luck, huh?
Yo! Dear F*cking Lunatic: 101 Obscenely Rude Letters to Donald Trump by Aldous J. Pennyfarthing is now available at Amazon! Buy there (or at one of the other fine online retailers carrying it), or be square. And get ready for the SEQUEL, “Dear F*cking Moron: 101 More Rude Letters to Donald Trump,” coming in April.
But wait, there’s more! The Fierce, Fabulous (and Mostly Fictional) Adventures of Mike Ponce, America’s First Gay Vice President is also available at Amazon! You can get two great political humor ebooks for less than the price of the coffee you’ll be spitting out on your tablet when you read them!