Last updated on February 10, 2020
Rebranding a Trump economy is more than slapping a new paint job on Air Force One.
Trump took a strong economy and weakened it.
Russia underwrote the German bank loans to Trump when no one else would loan him money.
- Then he came for Andy McCabe and I said nothing because there was this inspector general report that said McCabe lacked candor.
- Then he came for Jim Baker and I said nothing because I had never heard of Jim Baker and the FBI director is entitled to his own leadership team anyway.
- Then he came for Bruce Ohr and I said nothing because that one was so deep in the weeds that it made my head hurt and maybe Bruce Ohr shouldn’t have been doing what he was doing anyway.
- Then he came for Jeff Sessions and I said nothing because, shit, he was Jeff Fucking Sessions and it actually took Donald Trump to discover the one or two honorable bones in his body.
- Then he came for Sir @KimDarroch, and I said nothing because he’s a British government official and I have no dog in a fight over how the UK staffs its embassies.
- Then he came for Masha Yovanovich and I said nothing because ambassadors serve at the pleasure of the president and he can remove ambassadors for any reason or no reason at all.
- And then he came for Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman and his brother, Evgeny Vindman, and I said nothing—because I was used to it.
Money will win this election even as voters (or rather the Electoral College) will determine the winner.
The reality is that Trump wants to repaint Air Force One with the colors of his personal jet.
The Politicus is a collaborative political community that facilitates content creation directly on the site. Our goal is to make the political conversation accessible to everyone.Any donations we receive will go into writer outreach. That could be advertising on Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit or person-to-person outreach on College campuses. Please help if you can: