Last updated on October 29, 2020
Some very good news out of Kansas courtesy of Dr. Barbara Bollier’s (D. KS) internal polling:
To: Interested Parties
Date: October 28, 2020
RE: Recent Polling in Kansas
Barbara Bollier +1 Over Roger Marshall
On behalf of Bollier For Kansas, GBAO conducted a statewide survey of 600 likely 2020 voters in Kansas via live calls to landlines and cellphones. The survey was conducted October 25-27, 2020, and has a margin of error of +/- 4.0%. This memo highlights key findings from this survey.
- The political climate in Kansas is Republican and conservative. Consistent with past elections, our poll shows Republicans and conservatives with an advantage in the composition of the electorate. Over half (51%) are registered Republicans, with a 23-point margin over registered Democrats. Conservatives outnumber liberals by more than 2-to-1 (40% vs. 16%).
- Bollier leads Marshall +1 in a three-way contest, with more cross-party support. Bollier leads Marshall by one point in a three-way vote with Libertarian Jason Buckley (Bollier: 46%, Marshall: 45%, Buckley: 4%, other/undecided: 4%). She has better consolidated Democrats (Bollier: 93%, Marshall: 6%) than Marshall has consolidated Republicans (Bollier: 20%, Marshall: 70%).
- In a two-way race, Bollier and Marshall tie. After asking a follow-up question of third-party voters about just Bollier and Marshall, the race is dead even (47% Bollier, 47% Marshall).
- Bollier leads with moderates, and is seen as more moderate than Marshall. Bollier has a strong 41-point lead with moderates in the three-way (67% Bollier, 26% Marshall), and a 38-point lead in the two-way (68% Bollier, 29% Marshall).
- Half of Kansas voters say “moderate” better describes Bollier than it does Marshall (51% describes Bollier better, 28% describes Marshall better). Moderates are even more likely to say Bollier—and not Marshall—is the moderate candidate (64% describes Bollier better, 20% describes Marshall better).
Let’s keep up the momentum to flip Kansas Blue. Click below to donate and get involved with Bollier, Biden and their fellow Kansas Democrats campaigns:
The Politicus is a collaborative political community that facilitates content creation directly on the site. Our goal is to make the political conversation accessible to everyone.Any donations we receive will go into writer outreach. That could be advertising on Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit or person-to-person outreach on College campuses. Please help if you can: