Received this e-mail from U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown (D. OH) in support of Barbara Bollier (D. KS), Sara Gideon (D. ME), Theresa Greenfield (D. IA), MJ Hegar (D. TX), and Paulette Jordan’s (D. ID) U.S. Senate campaigns:
We need to flip four seats to take back the Senate and remove Majority Leader Mitch McConnell from power.
EMILY’s List — a leading resource for women in politics — is working to elect five pro-choice Democratic women to get the job done: Barbara Bollier in Kansas, Sara Gideon in Maine, Theresa Greenfield in Iowa, MJ Hegar in Texas, and Paulette Jordan in Idaho.
EMILY’s List has set a $125,000 goal to help Barbara, Sara, Theresa, MJ, and Paulette flip the Senate this November. If you can, split a contribution between all five candidates before the deadline tonight and 100% of your contribution will go straight to their campaigns.
McConnell and Senate Republicans have blocked efforts to secure equal pay for equal work and raise the minimum wage while voting to defund Planned Parenthood, dismantle access to women’s health care, and confirm two anti-choice Supreme Court justices.
That’s why it’s crucial that we take back the Majority this November, and that’s why it’s essential that we do it with pro-choice Democratic women like Barbara, Sara, Theresa, MJ, and Paulette:
- Barbara is a physician — not a politician. She understands the importance of protecting access to health care and making it more affordable by lowering the cost of prescription drugs, and right now, polls show her race is statistically tied.
- As Maine’s Speaker of the House, Sara cracked down on Big Pharma’s outrageous prescription drug prices and expanded Medicaid coverage to 70,000 Mainers. She’s committed to protecting reproductive health care and raising the minimum wage.
- Raised on a farm in Iowa, Theresa juggled multiple jobs to put herself through school and married a union electrical worker. She knows the importance of the Dignity of Work and that right now our economy doesn’t work for everyone. That’s why she’s fighting for living wages and to protect Social Security.
- A combat veteran with a Purple Heart, MJ’s race is one of the top 10 most expensive races in the entire country. While money flows into her race from the NRA, Big Pharma, and the insurance industry, MJ isn’t taking any corporate PAC donations. She’s in this fight for Texans — not special interests.
- Paulette was the first Native American woman ever nominated for governor in U.S. history and she would be the first Native American woman to serve in the Senate. She’s committed to strengthening the agricultural industry and job opportunities for Idahoans.
Barbara, Sara, Theresa, MJ, and Paulette are counting on our support to flip these five critical seats and take back the Majority this November. If you can, split a contribution between their campaigns before midnight tonight.