Joe Biden Builds Momentum For His Plan To End The Gun Violence Epidemic
Received this e-mail today from Joe Biden’s presidential campaign:
Gun violence prevention has always been one of Joe Biden’s top priorities and, according to our supporter surveys, it’s one of Team Joe’s top priorities, too.
So today we want to share with you Joe’s Plan for ending our gun violence epidemic.
The Biden Plan to End our Gun Violence Epidemic
- Hold gun manufacturers accountable by repealing the law that keeps manufacturers from being held civilly liable for their products
- Get weapons of war off our streets by ending the sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines
- Keep guns out of dangerous hands by requiring background checks for all gun sales and closing other loopholes in the federal background check system
- Address the deadly combination of guns and domestic violence
- Support survivors of violence and their communities
In the Senate, Joe Biden took on and beat the NRA twice.
First, he fought to pass the Brady Bill, establishing the background check system that has kept guns out of millions of dangerous hands.
Then, along with Senator Feinstein, he delivered a 10-year ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
And, as president, Joe Biden will beat the NRA again and deliver on a robust plan to end our gun violence epidemic — and we want to know if you support this plan.
If you agree that assault weapons and high-capacity magazines have absolutely no place in our communities, and if you agree that we must take bold action to end the gun violence epidemic, will you add your name and say you support Joe’s plan?
Thank you for taking action today,