Received this e-mail today from former Vice President Joe Biden’s presidential campaign:
Last week we asked for you to tell us which of Joe Biden’s plans you want to hear more about, and we got thousands of great responses! But our top response, from more than 21,000 of you, was that you want to hear what Joe is going to do about climate change.
So today we want to share with you Joe’s Plan for a Clean Energy Revolution and Environmental Justice.
The Biden Plan for a Clean Energy Revolution and Environmental Justice
- Ensure the U.S. achieves a 100% clean energy economy and reaches net-zero emissions no later than 2050.
- Make investments to ensure that our buildings, water, transportation, and energy infrastructure can withstand the impacts of climate change.
- Rally the rest of the world to meet the threat of climate change.
- Stand up to the abuse of power by polluters who disproportionately harm communities of color and low-income communities.
- Fulfill our obligation to workers and communities who powered our industrial revolution and subsequent decades of economic growth.
From coastal towns to rural farms to urban centers, climate change poses an existential threat — not just to our environment, but to our health, our communities, our national security, and our economic well-being.
Joe Biden knows our country and our world cannot afford anymore inaction on climate change. His plan is a bold list of action items to address this grave threat and lead the world in addressing the climate emergency.
We need to know if you stand with us. Will you add your name today and become a citizen co-sponsor for Joe’s plan to fight for environmental justice and lead a clean energy revolution?
Thanks for being a part of this movement.
Biden for President