Only in Florida.
Meet your Florida Democratic rep: Kim Daniels. She is the incumbent state representative for one of the bluest districts in all of Florida, Legislative District 14 in Jacksonville. As usual, the Florida GOP isn’t even bothering running a candidate. This is for two reasons:
1. A Republican just can’t win here, and
2. They have something even better—an incumbent conservative extremist who supports them on just about everything
You won’t find a better Trump candidate.
- She’s unethical, a bigot, and corrupt as hell.
- She is anti-labor and anti-women’s health.
- She’s also a hatemonger who rails against women’s rights and the LGBTQ community.
- She is very pro-Trump. She believes Trump’s critics are witches and warlocks.
- She is also the pastor of her own church with its own set of controversies. (Actually, she refers to herself as an “Apostle”.) She claims to be an exorcist.
- She also claims to be a prophet, and said prophets like herself knew Hurricane Irma was coming, but that it was “God’s will.”
- Divorce proceedings revealed the depth of her hustle, and the “church’s” role in financing Kim’s extravagant lifestyle.
It gets worse.
Daniels is blatantly anti-Semitic and pro-slavery.
Here are actual things she has said in public:
Don’t believe me? Go right to the 2:00 minute mark in this video:
Unfortunately, with GOP backing and incumbency, she could win again with a very disengaged electorate. Low turnout is typical for primary elections.
Remember, the primary is the entire election here, so we need a serious influx of help to combat her GOP money as well as get the word out about her between now and the Aug. 18 primary.
Angie Nixon entered the race on March 7. She’s very well known in Duval County as an active community organizer, and stepped down as the first vice chair of the Duval County Democrats to run. Nixon is a real progressive, and she has also been field director for multiple social justice organizations across the state. She has already been endorsed by 90for90 and the Florida Chamber of Commerce.
Her website is http://angienixon.com/
Please give what you can.
This is an easy victory if we can get the word out.