In solidarity, Debra Schrishuhn for Alan, Mike F, Janis, Mike H, Dan, Shayna, Dr. Bill, Kimberly, and Bryan—your PDA National Team
Join Us Honoring Harriet Tubman!
Harriet Tubman is a true American hero—from her years guiding people out of slavery, her work as scout and spy for the Union Army to her tireless work for women’s suffrage. Her portrait’s debut on the $20 bill was to have celebrated the centenary of the 19th Amendment’s passage in 1920, giving women the right to vote.Now the Trump administration has made up some story to delay changing the $20 bill to 2028. Is anyone really surprised?
Progressive Democrats of America (PDA) endorses progressive candidates—male and female—all fiercely determined to expand and level the political, cultural, and economic playing fields in American society.
Click Here to Help PDA Elect Progressives
2020 must be the year women celebrate our right to vote. Let our voices and votes ring throughout the land. Make our presence felt from the school board to the halls of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Let the forces who would subjugate us tremble like the craven cowards and bullies they are. We are WOMEN, and we must ROAR.
• African American women elected Democrat Doug Jones to the U.S. Senate in Alabama in 2018.
• Also in 2018, 127 women won election to the U.S. House of Representatives and a record 25 women currently serve in the U.S. Senate.
• In 2019, Nancy Pelosi became the only woman to serve as Speaker of the U.S. House…again.
• Lori Lightfoot became the first African American woman elected Mayor of Chicago.
• A record six women, ranging from strong progressives to staunch centrists, are mounting serious campaigns for the Democratic presidential nomination.
• Male candidates are putting women’s issues of pay equity, reproductive rights, and self-determination front and center.
In the fierce spirit of Harriet Tubman, we must dedicate ourselves from now until November 3, 2020, to honoring the passage of the 19th Amendment. PDA is leading the way—organizing, campaigning, and getting out the vote for solid progressive champions who will stand up for women and all Americans.
To continue and expand our electoral efforts, we need your support. Please make a donation today for a better tomorrow.
PS: Click Here to hear PDA Advisory Board Chair, Donna Smith’s interview with Jane O’Meara Sanders on Nurse Talk. Join PDA investing early to recruit and elect progressive candidates in 2020
The Politicus is a collaborative political community that facilitates content creation directly on the site. Our goal is to make the political conversation accessible to everyone.Any donations we receive will go into writer outreach. That could be advertising on Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit or person-to-person outreach on College campuses. Please help if you can: