Maybe this was published in other newspapers, but I see that The Denver Post was pretty desperate for a guest op-ed, publishing “Democrats are now the party of lawlessness and anarchy” by Donald Jump Jr.
It is a pretty pitch perfect case of projection to read this from the son of a President who is under criminal investigation and who routinely denigrates and undermines the courts, the FBI and the Justice Department, while serving as the leader of the Republican Party that routinely shuts down the government and threatens the full faith and credit of the nation’s currency.
But . . . you should read the full editorial to absorb it as a classic example of the self-inflicted paranoid and delusional world that Republicans need to live within. The President’s son and namesake feels it necessary to
look in the mirror speak to his base and opine, in order(!):
- Democrats consist of “extreme left-wing elements” and are “becoming the party of lawlessness and anarchy”
- Dems are “radical” and “marked by a complete disregard for law, order, and basic decency”
- “the unofficial motto of the Democrat Party now appears to be “attack and subvert the laws of the land whenever and wherever possible”
- “the Democrats’ embrace of anarchy . . . [has] become the basis of their party platform”
- Democrats support “open borders and sanctuary cities . . . [and] openly enable violent criminal illegal aliens”
- Democrats “have jeopardized our safety” and have “open disdain for law enforcement,” — “waging war against law enforcement as a whole since the Obama presidency — during which his administration reflexively took the side of street criminals” and wrongfully prosecuted police “for simply doing their job”
- ”Democrats have also begun to implicitly, and sometimes even explicitly, endorse violence against Republicans in pursuit of their political agenda”
- ”Democrats also go beyond just ignoring violence from their side — they encourage it”
- “[I]n [Democrats’], it becomes morally justified to punch even the most mild-mannered and moderate conservative in the face” and Democrats soon “may proclaim that it’s righteous to curb-stomp you.”
- Democrats’ posses an “unhinged, anti-law and order attitude” and are “willing to risk American lives.”
- In addition to “ridiculing our law enforcement,” Democrats “turn a blind eye to their supporters committing violence against those they disagree with”
In any other year, such a paranoid (and casual) diatribe would be a major scandal and major embarrassment. Today, this is standard, mainstream Republican messaging.
Remember to vote! Pres. Obama’s message was “Hope.” My message is “Turnout.”