Received this e-mail from U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown (D. OH) in support of John Hickenlooper’s (D. CO) U.S. Senate campaign:
We need to win in Colorado if we’re going to take back the Senate this November and remove Majority Leader Mitch McConnell from power.
Our fight for the Senate isn’t just about winning the Majority just for the sake of it. It’s about getting things done for working Americans.
McConnell has hundreds of bills sitting in limbo on his desk, including measures to:
- Provide critical funding and aid to help Americans, small businesses, and state and local governments get through the health and economic crisis
- Expand voting rights, make it easier for Americans to vote, and remove dark money from our elections
- Protect access to health care and protections for pre-existing conditions and lower the cost of prescription drugs
McConnell is stalling progress in the Senate. John is ready to take action.
John is fighting to:
- Defend voting rights and combat voter suppression
- Improve access to health care and make it more affordable
- Extend critical unemployment insurance benefits and fight for living wages for workers
Here’s the problem: John is competing in one of the most expensive Senate races in the country, and GOP groups — including McConnell’s super PAC — have already reserved nearly $12 million in TV ads for this fall.