Received this e-mail from Dr. Al Gross’ (I. AK) U.S. Senate campaign:
Since the start of the coronavirus pandemic in America, Dr. Al Gross and this entire campaign have been working tirelessly to make sure Alaskans and Americans are informed and prepared.
As a doctor, Al Gross has always fought to keep those around him safe and healthy — and right now, as we all do our part to stop the spread of COVID-19, providing valuable information and sharing helpful resources is one of the most essential ways to make that happen.
So, we wanted to share some of the resources that Dr. Al Gross and our team have found to be helpful as we all grapple with new and often unprecedented issues.
From helping you navigate unemployment to transitioning to online learning to combating food insecurity — here are some resources that you and your loved ones in Alaska can use to stay safe, secure, and healthy.
- Alaska's official coronavirus page updates COVID-19 case information every single day and has additional resources on everything from how to protect high-risk groups to the effect on drinking water.
- If you have recently lost your job in the wake of the coronavirus and need to apply for unemployment benefits, you can get started here.
- The Indian Health Services website has coronavirus materials geared towards Alaska Natives on their website.
- For families, students, and teachers adapting to the world of online learning, AKlearns.org has information, resources, and tools tailored to all education levels.
- If you or your loved ones are struggling with food insecurity — or are able and willing to help volunteer or donate — the Food Bank of Alaska can point you to your nearest food bank location.
- For those of you who are healthy and able and would like to help by donating blood during this crucial time, you can find local blood drives through the Blood Bank of Alaska or the Red Cross.
For any additional questions, resources, or concerns, you can reach out to our campaign at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org — and we'll do everything possible to help you find what you need.
Now, more than ever, we must take care of ourselves and look out for our friends, family, and neighbors.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay home if you can.
Click the links above or feel free to e-mail Dr. Gross’ campaign for advice.