Received this e-mail today from U.S. Senator Martin Heinrich (D. NM):
From the start of my political career on city council, I have seen firsthand what a meaningful impact local leaders have in shaping New Mexico and the daily lives of all of us who call this state home. That’s why we must elect local leaders who are true to the people they represent, especially as we work to get through and rebuild from this pandemic and its many impacts.
To that end, over the past few weeks, I have endorsed several primary candidates throughout New Mexico who I believe can help us build a better tomorrow.
I urge you to join me in voting for and supporting these candidates as we head into the June 2nd primary election.
- Shannon Pinto, State Senate, District 3
- Leo Jaramillo, State Senate, District 5
- Pete Campos, State Senate, District 8
- Brenda McKenna, State Senate, District 9
- Mimi Stewart, State Senate, District 17
- Siah Correa Hemphill, State Senate, District 28
- Pam Cordova, State Senate, District 30
- Carrie Hamblen, State Senate, District 38
- Meredith Dixon, State House, District 20
- Roger Montoya, State House, District 40
- Kristina Ortez, State House, District 42
- Matthew McQueen, State House, District 50
- Craig Secatero, Socorro County Commission, District 2
- Janice Varela, San Miguel County Commission, District 2
- AnJanette Brush, Taos County Commission, District 4
- Harry Browne, Grant County Commission, District 5
We need strong leaders working at every level of government for you. That is why I’m proud to endorse all of these candidates, because I know their loyalty will be to you and not the monied interests already trying to manipulate our local elections.
Join me in supporting these incredible candidates, and request your absentee ballot here!
I hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy.