As part of the ongoing project to catalog every awful thing the Trump Administration has done as a reference for future political arguments and whatever few posterity survives to see 2020, here’s everything awful the Trump Administration has done this week.
- Democrats released documents revealing the Trump’s involvement in the push pressure Ukraine and antagonize the ambassador to Ukraine
- Impeachment documents were sent to the Senate
1753. Said he kept troops in Syria to “keep the oil”
- Republicans blocked efforts to restrict Trump’s war powers over Iran
- Gulliani associate, Lev Parnas, confirmed that Trump and several high ranking Trump officials all knew about the effort to pressure Ukraine
- Abruptly canceled 4 congressional briefings on Iran
1758. Came under investigation for its “Opportunity Zone” program, which critics say has been used to benefit Trump’s associates
- The GAO found Trump violated the law by withholding aid to Ukraine
1760. Sued by the ACLU for its asylum agreement with Guatemala
1761. Pressed for prayer in school
This week as impeachment against Trump officially began a flurry of new documents and statements implicated Trump directly in trying to block aid to Ukraine, which the GAO recently determined to be a violation of the law. Meanwhile, Trump also came under investigation for their corrupt “opportunity zone” program, and was sued by the ACLU for its asylum agreement with Guatemala.
As always, I don’t expect to catch everything, so let me know if there’s anything you think I’ve missed. The full omnibus is being maintained here (a spreadsheet version can be found here). For an overall summary, click here.