A new CBS News poll has a lot of bad news for Trump and the Republicans:
- Americans overwhelmingly believe, by a margin of 71 percent to 28 percent, that funding a border wall is not worth a government shutdown.
- By a margin of 47 percent to 35 percent, Americans think Nancy Pelosi is doing a better job of handling shutdown negotiations than Trump.
- Sixty percent of Americans think the shutdown is causing the country “serious problems.”
- Trump’s approval rating has declined three points since November, to 36 percent, and a whopping 59 percent of respondents now disapprove of the job he’s doing.
- Meanwhile, Pelosi has a net 48 percent favorability rating among Democrats (69-21 percent), while Mitch McConnell’s scabrous reptile head is barely above water with Republicans (43-40 percent).
But the part that really caught my eye was this:
In addition, about 1 in 5 Americans report being personally impacted by the cutback in services or programs caused by the shutdown.
And the shutdown is just getting started.
And while one in five Americans is a minority, it’s a big minority. That’s more than 65 million people. And they’re really pissed off.
Trump’s horrible decisions redound throughout our country and the economy, and this is just the latest example. The 800,000 workers who aren’t getting their paychecks represent a small percentage of our workforce, but they also support families and shop at businesses. Federal contractors who depend on government work could go under. Vital services could soon be cut off, and kids without SNAP benefits could soon go hungry.
This is a shitshow, and it’s all on Donnie.
And Americans are starting to wake up to that fact.
Yo! Dear F*cking Lunatic: 101 Obscenely Rude Letters to Donald Trump by Aldous J. Pennyfarthing is now available at Amazon! Buy there (or at one of the other fine online retailers carrying it), or be square.
But wait, there’s more! The Fierce, Fabulous (and Mostly Fictional) Adventures of Mike Ponce, America’s First Gay Vice President is also available at Amazon! You can get two great political humor ebooks for less than the price of the coffee you’ll be spitting out on your tablet when you read them!