- Top Bloggers
- Public Opinion
- Community News
- Community Podcast
- User Badges
All, perhaps, were holding a hundred dollar bill U.S. bank. Paid by it, stored in a wallet or bank account. And if you wonder over who looks at you with eyes wise bills? Wondered? But do not know who this is? Well, let's fix it.
Hundred dollar bill on the bank's U.S. shows none other than Benjamin Franklin.
Why was he awarded this high honor? No, he was president, though certainly a worthy contender for the position.
Scientific and public activity is inextricably linked to the Franklin American bourgeois revolution, with the just war, the American people for their independence in 1775-1783, respectively.
Benjamin Franklin was a remarkable man. Being originally from a poor family with many children, received a good education, mostly from books, family and reach financial success.
His signature had been fastened the three most important and the main document in the history of the United States and the world - "U.S. Declaration of Independence," "U.S. Constitution", "Treaty of Versailles in 1783."
In addition to politics, he was involved in publishing, journalism. Besides, he loved science, was the inventor. Was an expert on history, sociology, philosophy, and many other sciences.
He owns a number of inventions. For example, rocking chair, bifocal glasses, cost-effective small-sized stove for your home, which he had not patented offshore tax havens, because I wanted to be a useful invention was available to a wide range of people. That, however, did not prevent the "enterprising" people to complete his stove and amass a fortune. And yet many experiments with electricity, the invention is a lightning rod, which he also refused to patent.
The author of aphorisms: "Time is money -" "One" today "is worth two" tomorrow "," "Missing is always to blame," etc.
Was the first foreigner who has received a high honor to be accepted as a member of the Russian Academy of Sciences!
Founded the first American public library.
Was a staunch opponent of slave labor, considering all people as equal from birth.
All of achieving this, without doubt, a great man is difficult to enumerate.
In the life of Benjamin Franklin was a reserved and modest tax haven. Tried to follow principles of life, invented by himself, tending to moral perfection.
Here are the names of those virtues with the relevant instructions:
1. Abstinence. There are not to satiety, drink not to elevation.
2. Silence. Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself, avoid trifling conversation.
3. Order. Let all your things in their places, for each class have its time.
4. Determination. Decided to do what must be done; strictly abide by what was decided.
5. Thrift. Spend money on something that brings good to others or that is nothing to waste.
6. Industrious. Do not waste time in vain, to be always employed in something useful; abandon all unnecessary actions.
7. Sincerity. Not cause harmful deception, to have clean and fair thoughts in conversation and also adhere to this rule.
8. Justice. Do not cause anyone harm, not to commit injustice and not lose good works, which are among your duties.
9. Moderation. Avoid extremes international business companies; constrain how much you think it appropriate, to the resentment of the injustices.
10. Clean. Avoid bodily uncleanness observe neatness in clothing and housing.
11. Calm. Do not worry about nothing and about the common or unavoidable.
12. Chastity. ...
13. Modesty. Imitate Jesus and Socrates